I will be sharing a lot of interesting things about Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and using DevOps for automation build, test, deploy flows into an opensource project. So, please stay tuned!
Every time I come into a new company or start a new project, I raise the same problems about making infrastructure and CI/CD for it. That’s why I decided to create a common template, which helps to build those things even faster. Let’s build it here together! Most of the developers use Docker and Kubernetes in their daily tasks. Could we make it better? You never know, so let’s try!
What might we need for a DevOps project to start with?
- access to any cloud provider: AWS, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud.
- basic understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- one of the commonly used CI/CD: Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Bitbucket.
During the event we will cover the following topics:
- Starting to work with Docker for local development.
- Tips to save your time with Docker.
- Diving into Kubernetes, k8s annotations,
- Introducing Infrastructure As Code with Terraform.
- Start using Terraform to set up a private Kubernetes cluster.
The first meetup “Introducing GooseOps - a handy toolset for adopting DevOps practices” to happen on 27th February at 12:00 MSK is about introducing the project, in which we will overview the scope, and take a deeper dive into technologies stack: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and more.
- Do you want to learn and have experience with infrastructure automation?
- Do you want to participate in the open-source project, developed step by step in Agile methodology?
- Do you enjoy experimenting with cool things and want to have fun writing code for the community?
Then the project is for you! We’ve just started, feel free to join us on:
Of course, all the source code is open sourced.
Any feedback, contribution, or help is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time and have a nice coding!